Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday fun!

It's baking, cooking, cleaning and laundry Monday! How exciting! Well the exciting part is that I'm productive and getting it all done! It's 11am and so far I've baked Banana chocolate chip nut bread, Fennel seed rice crispy squares, homemade dressing marinating for Caesar salad, Japanese rice for smoked salmon sushi with avocado and 20 quantities of cherry jellos for dessert! Laundry is put away, vacuuming is completed and now the dreaded bathrooms! I think using a fruit loop for aiming would solve the urine at the back of the toilet! Anyways I won't combine food with urine so I was going to share my recipes of today's achievements. Basically baking is minimal effort, it's just dedicating a few hours.


Banana chocolate chip nut bread:


I usually make four batches of bread & muffins. So this recipe is times by 4 to get what's in the picture above.


1, 3/4 flour


1 tbs spoon baking powder


1/2 teaspoon salt


3/4 cup sugar


1/2 cup shortening or butter/margarine


2 eggs


1 cup mashed banana's


1 cup chocolate chips


1 cup pecans


I mix all ingredients together then gently add in flour last. Cook in your preheated oven at 350 f in greased bread & muffins pans for 50-60 minutes or until the fork pulls through clean. With Banana Bread you can add anything, coconut and other fruits. Leave out pecans and chocolate chips, experiment.



Fennel seed Rice Crispy squares:


Large bag of Rice Crispies


Large bag of Marshmallows


2 cups Fennel seeds



Well rice crispy squares are the easiest, quickest treat there is! Probably no need to explain. You're probably wondering about the Fennel seeds? These are sugar coated Fennel seeds that taste like liquorish. It makes the rice crispy square delightful actually. This is another easy square you can basically add anything too. (I like to change everything up a bit)



I have a homemade Caesar Salad dressing. It's light and full of garlic!



1/2 cup Bertolli extra light olive oil (It has to be this oil) I buy this oil strictly and only for Caesar dressing.


1 egg


7-8 squirts of Worcestershire sauce


2 capfuls of lemon juice


8-10 finely chopped garlic cloves


salt/pepper



Mix and cover for the day, pour over prepared romaine lettuce with Parmesan cheese. (Bacon bits and croutons if you want) It's the best Caesar Salad dressing I've been using for years!



If you have other recipes, please share. Especially for Banana bread! I love learning as much as cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...