Friday, April 1, 2011

Strong & Healthy


Awhile ago I had a bone density test done to find out I have or (had) osteoporosis in my spine. That's why my ribs were breaking from coughing. I was told a few years of proper nutrition would alter my diagnoses. Since then I've been taking Bone Basics. It's a vegi capsule that supports bone structure. It features assein microcrystalline hydroxyapatite complex (MCHC) BIG words, a lyophilized extract of bovine bone, which retains the intact structure of the whole bone. An adult dosage is up to six capsules a day! You're probably wondering why I'm writing about this? Well.....blogger as I am, woman especially need more supplements then we're taking. You don't have to have osteoporosis to take Bone Basics. It will strengthen your bones while you age so you won't have any issues later. Another beauty of this capsule is it contains many vitamins that you can eliminate because Bone Basics covers them. Taking six capsules a day, you're provided with MCHC - 4545 mgs, Calcium - 1000mgs, Magnesium - 420 mgs, Vitamin C - 200 mgs, Vitamin D - 1000 IUs plus phosphorus, Protein, Boron, Manganese, Zinc, Menatetrenone and Glucosamine. This product can be purchased at a Health food store. Before I honestly struggled taking vitamins. I'm not exactly sure why either except it was just one more thing I had to remember! Being a woman there is plenty of reasons why to take supplements. Recently I was introduced to Dong Quai. Dong Quai is a Chinese herb that has been used for thousands of years. It either comes in capsule form or you can drink it as a herbal tea. If you're a woman that suffers from hormonal imbalances (PMS), Menopause and even high blood pressure, try Dong Quai. For myself I'm not very moody nor do I have high blood pressure but if it helps me be a better woman, why not!? (Ha ha) Before taking any vitamin, make sure you do your homework. What's good for some isn't for others. If you ever want to try Dong Quai tea, it's completely horrible. With the capsules you would receive more of the benefits then a herbal tea anyways BUT I have some here, if you're ever eager for some extra estrogen! Speaking of estrogen, did you know that increasing your estrogen will lower your chances on getting osteoporosis? Consuming whole grains (fiber) enriched foods will prevent excess estrogen from being reabsorbed into our bloodstreams. The other night I made steamed Cauliflower, if you're concerned about your estrogen levels, don't eat Cauliflower! Cauliflower flushes out estrogen from our bodies from what I've been told. It's amazing really that everything we consume within our bodies can change our health, can change our "attitudes" and ultimately enrich our lives. When I was younger I wasn't worried about my health nor my estrogen levels, now as I'm approaching forty I'm more aware of what I consume. I'm interested and always seeking knowledge about what foods will enhance my life. I have this image of being a healthy Grandmother, strong physically and even somewhat wiser to influence our children about healthy eating. I don't even know when a trip to McDonald's was and especially for me - no clue! Mostly our children eat what I prepare. I truly believe we are what we eat. For me I would love to avoid early menopause so if it's true or not about Cauliflower, I'm not eating it! I know what's fact, Garlic will keep you healthy! Literally I cook everyday with Garlic and our whole family is always healthy. We have our sporadic moments like with fifth decease during Christmas but 90% of the time, we're great! Garlic isn't just this natural wonder drug, it has other natural elements to it! If you have teenagers with acne, try rubbing raw garlic like soap all over their affected areas and if you don't mind the smell of garlic, it will keep mosquito's away too! Awhile ago I learned to bake garlic, the whole garlic flower. Just bake in the oven until soft. It turns into a natural spread over crackers. Garlic is probably my most used and always valuable item I buy. A natural antibiotic! I just get so excited about garlic, I don't need extra fiber to increase my estrogen! So what can I say? Don't be afraid to boost your metabolism with some extra supplements or herbal products, it will only keeps us woman strong and healthy! After all we are one of the most important creatures out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...