Saturday, April 30, 2011

A success - "Thank you!"




Once again another adoption event was successful. We had a wide range of foods for dinner that consisted of meatballs, ham, chili with buns, salads, sushi, salad wraps, two different cakes, banana bread, biscuits and chips. You name it, our potluck spread was awesome! Before and after dinner the children danced, popped balloons, played ball, made crafts, had their face painted and had a hunt for different nick nack toys. Then everyone left with a prize during the raffle draw. It was amazing watching all the families that attended clean up so quickly. It was an evening that went without a flaw. Events like these are really special for our children. I commented a few times about the importance of the developed connections our children have with other families. Most of our children struggle with friendships in their school but with other adoptive families there is always something in common. If it's not adoption, it's different special needs or heritage. Every time we've attended an event or hosted one, our children are excited to see their friends again. Something I believe to be important. I just love every one's children. Unique in their own way and everyone seems so inviting, accepting of each other. Tonight was a success because everyone took part in either setting up, helping during the evening and cleaning at the end. So thank you so much everyone and most importantly thank you for being in our lives, a part of our family, all our families. We sure do have a nice group of people, a great group of children and I can't wait until we all meet again at the next adoption event! The families that couldn't make it, we missed you and we hope to see you next time! :)




2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy it was such a success! I'm very sorry we couldn't make it. Next time! Maybe you'll be able to come up for our August picnic. It's always a wonderful time.
    Congrats on your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the work you put into this event! It was great fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...