Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lucky 14



Lately we're just tidying up loose ends. Making lists and checking them twice, signing paperwork, preparing new beds and linen, purchasing diapers and wetones, essentially items we will need when we return home with our new children. It's almost unbelievable that within a week we'll have our children! Saturday the 14th our children met their new brother and absolutely adored him, we will have 14 children and we were married on the 14th day! 14 is in fact my favorite number. Weird? Probably but significantly it's working for us! Being a larger family we sure had to juggle our life for my husband and I to go away. Our children are all excited and have been counting their sleeps to where they're going. I deeply appreciate all the support and help we're receiving. Even the families just supporting us with their positive energy has been much appreciated. So "Thank you!" This is my last post until after we return........ A few quotes I like.............especially the one in red!


I think people who have a brother or sister don't realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there's always somebody there, somebody that's family. -Trey Parker.


If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable - each segment distinct. - Letty Cottin Pogrebin.


Children make you want to start life over. - Muhammad Ali.


A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad. - John Andrew Holmes.


When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. - Joyce Brothers.


It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. - Johann Schiller.


The thing about family disasters is that you never have to wait long before the next one puts the previous one into perspective. - Robert Brault.


Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. - Jane Howard.


1 comment:

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...