Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Be your on soul surfer

I've been thinking about that movie Soul Surfer. About the young professional surfer girl that had her arm completely removed from a shark bite in Hawaii. A factual story. A extremely traumatic and devastating life changing experience. It's a movie that everyone should own because when life seems to become challenging, reflecting on Soul Surfer would inspire anyone to realize that life isn't that bad. In fact, life is what we make it. It's about our choices and on how we choose to deal with different scenarios. Believe me I've had some days of question. Mainly with experience, maturity and education comes our coping mechanisms. I awake everyday with a clean slate. (At least I try too) There is nothing we can do about yesterday. That I have learned. A friend of mine continually says, "In fifty years from now, no one is going to care nor remember yesterday" She's completely right because neither will I! Basically if I (you) know in our hearts that we're doing the best we can, then that's a day forward. Lately I've had many negative comments about my parenting. (stemming from an unhealthy source I will add) The interesting conclusion is regardless on where it comes from, they're not in my position raising fourteen children. Many with special needs, mental illnesses and behaviours. Nor could they. At the end of my daily dedication while everyone is sleeping; I reflect back on all what transpired. When I awake it's a new day. This is what I'm working on for myself every morning - a step forward in a positive direction with a continuing smile on my face. Knowing there is many reasons to feel blessed on a daily basis. My advice for today is if anyone is feeling overwhelmed or just life challenged to their extreme, watch "Soul Surfer" A few quotes I like - because I love quotes!

"Accept the Challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of Victory" - George S Patton

"I have always grown from my problems and challenges, from the things that don't work out, that's when I've really learned" - Carol Burnett.

Lastly and so truthfully a quote to say everyday - "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" - Eleanor Roosevelt
Soar to your greatest heights - Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...