Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Ho ho ho blabber"

I can't believe it's the middle of October. I'm finally thinking about Christmas. This year we're staying home and I'm looking forward to decorating, having endless nights of company with platters and games. In the next coming weeks I will be smoking salmon and thinking practically what will be underneath our tree come Christmas morning! With many of our children they seem to either loose pieces of their toy sets or break their toys purposely. I'm carefully contemplating what our children need this year. Lately I've been going through their clothing and belongings. The easiest way to do this is pile all of it in the middle of the floor. From there separate into the keep pile and the Salvation Army pile. We have had many garbage bags full leave already! I am not one for clutter or unused items. Our oldest daughter is moving out November 1st and I went through all my kitchen supplies. It turned out I had tons of smaller casserole dishes, crock pots and rice cookers that I don't use. So the back of her jeep is full of items that will be useful for her. It feels therapeutic to unload. I usually do this twice a year. Before the Christmas season is perfect! My husband is finishing the tale ending of our living room, drywall, spraying the ceiling, painting extra and it's going to be SO NICE to be finally finished our house before 2012! 2012 I feel is going to be a wonderful year starting off with myself heading to Edmonton to see my sister in law for the weekend! In the meantime, I'm ready to have a magical Christmas without a blizzard with all our family and friends. I will probably go over board with all the preparations, I remind myself of Chevy Chase in the movie Christmas vacation! Believe it or not, we have a deadline for decor, Dec 1st and that way the whole month is magical.

Remember December 17th from 4-8pm is our annual Adoptive family Christmas party. Bring a gift under $10.00 for each child with their names labelled for Santa's bag and it's a potluck dinner. There will be craft tables, tons of food and dancing. Plus door prizes! For more information and location please email me. Also a more formal invite will be sent out in November, so if I don't have your email address, please send that to hohnstein@shaw.ca



I don't know about you but for me, it's already "tis the season!" and hopefully we'll see you soon on Dec 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...