Monday, October 17, 2011

Monkeying around

Every night is exactly the same. I prepare most of our children's plates. Our older "teens" of course make their own. I was told that I'm extremely organized. In fact, I am.  Ever since I was a little girl I lined up every doll. Monkeys were my favorite. Now I line up plates and ten school lunches every night! Lately a few of our children have been literally monkeying around. They have been climbing trees with their Monkey friends and swinging about. While I watch them, it reminds me of my childhood. My mother always had a hard time finding me because I was running through the forest. Sometimes I miss my childhood. If I could do anything over again like everyone my age states, I wouldn't change my childhood but I definitely wouldn't be monkeying around during my teenage years. Although if my life didn't take the course it did, I wouldn't be here today. So I've always believed everything happens for a reason. Unfortunately our life lessons steers us down paths that can be harder then anticipated. In the end, it's a contributing factor on who we become. My husband since a little boy was engine driven, he's now a Mechanic and Auto body Technician soon to be accepting business. For me it was all about typewriters and writing stories, helping people. Now I openly blog and practice first aid. I really think that our childhood dreams can come true. So tonight my husband and I were also monkeying around! (With balloons) We don't get out much but with all this monkey business going on in the trees around here we were laughing a lot! In a previous post I wrote about Laughter Yoga. One of many posts I probably deleted. Laughter is the best medicine and with allowance, anything can be funny! In fact some of the most ridiculous things we've heard is extremely funny. My idea of life is it shouldn't be so difficult and it's really on how we're going to deal with the possible stresses within it. Dinner for example. Most people can't comprehend on how we manage daily but it's on how we lay out our plates. We efficiently sail throughout our days with organization, structure and routine. My three favorite words. Then in between we fill in the gaps with a little monkeying around. Sometimes it can be that simple. (And "No" that's not Monkey poop on their plates!) Laugh - it's good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...