Wednesday, January 25, 2012

April 14th! Rain or shine!

It's confirmed! Write it on your calendars because it's going to be a BIG Easter Party April 14th! I'm on a mission to make this a wonderful event for all adoptive families and potential parents waiting to adopt! Come out, make friends and enjoy the supportive atmosphere and fun!

It will take place at the same hall as the Christmas party. All you need to do is bring a dish to share and spread the word to other families that don't receive AFABC emails, read this blog or isn't connected to Facebook! You can email me for details at hohnstein@shaw.ca

A few details: It will start at 3pm - 8pm. There will be an Easter hunt, different activities including face painting, tattoos, crafts, egg painting - and much, much more, door prizes for all! This event shouldn't be missed as I'm also in the process of hiring the Easter Bunny! AND looking into "real" animals for a small petting area! With possible rides! You'll have to attend to find out if I succeeded with that one! I'm on a mission not impossible!

Anyone who knows me, knows that it's important to establish friends and build relationships through adoption with other families. I can't express enough on how important it is for our children to relate with other children that come from different forms of loss, that have different special needs and to feel they're not alone. Events like these give our children much needed friendships, support and that confidence within themselves that they have connections!

SO write it on your calendar and build your family in another way, through your adoption community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...