Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Vow

I went to see "The Vow" last night. A movie about a young couple that was involved in a car accident, the woman suffered a severe brain injury which resulted in a memory loss. She couldn't remember her newly married husband and their life together. She could only remember her past up until a certain point. From there this true story was about their love together and her husbands determination to win her love back. It was a good movie. It's one of those movies that make you question what if.....as anything at anytime can change the course of our lives. I thought to myself if I suffered from a brain injury that resulted in severe memory loss for the rest of my life, so severe that I didn't remember my husband and all my children, how would that impact our family!? I wouldn't be a good Mother...........I think I would be so confused, so lost that coping around here would be extremely hard. It's taken me many years to develop who I am. I've written before that I'm still learning. Loosing all that experience would be detrimental for me as a parent. From one day to the next, time is quickly passing us by, and our reality seems to constantly change with age, so adding a trauma definitely would hinder our existence as we know it. I feel for all the families that have been directed down a path of uncertainty and have to rebuild their lives around a traumatic change. I also commend individuals that can move forward stronger with a positive peace of mind and embrace whatever the change in their life is. I know we all don't awake in the morning asking ourselves "what if today.....?" Although preparation especially having children I believe is an asset, like practicing earth quake drills. Openly communicating about the unknowns of our futures I think is a healthy approach because we also cannot walk this earth thinking we're invincible. My husband and I also have a will prepared. Unfortunately none of these can determine how we'll deal with an unfortunate event. Stories like "The Vow" remind me what our day is worth. Each and every minute counts not only for ourselves, for every person we love within it. We just never know and when it's too late - "It is too late" Some have happy endings..........then many have regrets. My thoughts today and ending with this quote...........

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

Mother Teresa.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love" Marcus Aurelius.

Embrace life with everyone you love within it - Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...