Saturday, August 4, 2012

A pouring tea cup over a rambling post

From boating, to quading and driving to different swimming destinations we've been once again - busy. Adding doctors appointments, curriculum consults, wheelchair fittings and dinner dates it's been productive. Our youngest daughter was recently fitted for her wheelchair. A chair that she can independently maneuver herself. It's very exciting. The chair we made her a year ago is getting too small (A rolling chair) and when we saw how happy she was in a actual wheelchair, learning to push and steer herself...it was awesome to witness. We can't wait until her chair arrives! Besides our own family camping trips, we've had six children independently camp at different camps for five days each. It's interesting when our dynamics change. It also changes on how we get around. With some missing children, we can actually take one twelve passenger vehicle! I still have a hard time when it's meal time, I'm still dishing too many plates full of food when our child isn't even here! We have their "spots" at our kitchen table and when they're not home.....I often look at their empty spot wondering how they are. It was nice tonight - everyone was home! Our August is really exciting with more camping trips with friends, it will be my husband and I thirteenth anniversary, our one son turns fourteen, my oldest daughter and I are heading to the States to shop for children's clothing and half of us will be at the Monster trucks! Tons of activities in the next four weeks. We went and voted on the Sandcastles and my favorite was a tea cup. It was simplistic but had this elegant look to it. (Seen above) My vote went to the pouring tea cup. Our children voted for the "Place of Mind" (Seen Below) Kind of weird. There was approximately fifteen sculptures, interesting to look at and as you can see - lots of artistic talent! I ran tonight in the scorching heat with three of our sons up Notch hill. It was so hot (not complaining) but so hot that my head was pounding going up - but regardless of our busy life, our filled summer, I will always find time for my dedicated fitness. 30 degree weather to wind/rain minus 1 - I will continue to run and hike. I hope your summer has been productive, I also hope that every parent is finding "their hour" for themselves every day and I wish everyone a great August!

Thoughts to ponder-


Oprah - "Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure"

Oprah - "If you want your life to be more rewarding, you have to change the way you think"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...