Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"Perfectly cooked noodle"

I haven't been in a court room very often. I was summoned years ago to be a witness that lasted approximately three days. It was interesting to say the least. An open court room, different cases one after another. My husband and I had a day being in a court room recently and by the end of our situation (an excellent situation) we found ourselves praised by the judge. I thought to myself, "Wow, he was speaking those words to us!?" "What? Really!?" A huge "sigh" of relief entered my soul. I'm not giving out information but my underlining read-between the lines is; it was a long, long, long day and while smiling with the other parties we were with - we clearly left together thinking, "Once again, everything happens for a reason" It just takes time to understand sometimes the reasoning's onto why. By the end of the day, everything was what it's meant to be. I also "thanked" the Judge as I thought he was very professional, very respectful and completely understanding to all parties. That is a Judge we want to make decisions for our society. I like to reflect back on what happens in our past, rationalizing and understanding all the steps that we take to get to where we're going. It's interesting. Another interesting aspect that I'm learning is tons and tons of paperwork can be silently soothing. I was up filling out forms well past midnight to get them mailed the next day. My "remind me" list is dwindling finally and I feel content right now that everything is moving accordingly. One huge trait that my husband and I both have is organization. With that, we're very happy when deadlines are met, goals are finished and in an orderly fashion. Even with as many children as we have, our life is moving to what I believe like a perfectly cooked noodle. We aren't no where near straight nor normal, we're kind of twisted with sudden curves that we can straighten out with a firm pull but we always have a handle on any sticky situation. If not, we will loosen it down with some love and tender oil, wrap it up and start over tomorrow. Like left overs, they're so much better the next day! Speaking of the next day....
"Happy Birthday" to our fourteen year old son! It's interesting around here with birthday's every month, our littlest daughter with speech delays sings fluently "Happy Birthday to you!" and blows out pretend candles! This morning our son instantly celebrated with candles lit sticking out of his toast smothered in nutella and a brand new year started for him. For me, it was a brand new day inside knowing that for now.....our life is like a perfectly cooked noodle and I wouldn't want it any straighter!

I love quotes - it's a short statement that you can read or say to yourself when in doubt, or when you're just having one of those moments and you need a little inspiring. Once in awhile through my posts I will leave some that trigger my inspiration in hopes it triggers yours. Today I leave you with......."The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can" - Robert Cushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...