Sunday, August 26, 2012

Transform & live your best life possible

Today was camping errands. It's amazing the amount of work that happens to go camping. My husband and I have been working all day, in fact our work is never done. (Not exactly sure why) Ha ha. Summer is almost over. The weather is colder and the nights are darker earlier but we're heading out camping until Sept 3rd! Previous years we would never camp the weekend before school but this year we don't care. We are camping. We might not be ready for school like we're used too but my big two words lately is, "Who cares" Life continues regardless if we're ready for it or not. So we're spending every last summer moment together camping in tight sleeping arrangements. Doesn't that sound like fun!? So today I was purchasing everything we need to have for another successful camping trip. (Mainly food) Our summer has been jam packed with many memories. Here's our chance for one more! I really believe we should live our best life. In order for that - we have to make it happen. We haven't been home much this summer which has left my fitness waiting for its moment, that hour a day I've promised myself. In between cooking, cleaning, baking, homeschooling and other appointments - this September my hour is returning. Not only to my mountain but I've joined a gym for strength training. I am very excited. See, there is no excuse............we can do anything if we dedicate ourselves to it. The best known self help is being productive. Challenging yourself. If your day has started out lousy, take a step into another direction. Focus on something. The hardest step is out our own front door. Even with camping, all the work involved before, during and after is a step in itself but we reap the rewards with usually no regrets. There is one week of summer left, I leave you with this encouragement - if we can do it with (15+) of us continuously, so can you. We have our usual eleven children, adding our oldest son and his girlfriend, two dogs and another family joining us. It's going to be great! More boating, swimming, biking, hiking, smores and who knows what is our next week! "Get out and enjoy life" There is no excuses! Honestly. I have a pinched left hip for months, I am extremely busy always, our dynamics with special needs and behaviors top the cupcakes around here, I'm tired right now (2am-5am) was awesome (lol) and we are living our best life! AND don't let fear stop you.....transform your day, your week and your life. Start today! And have yourself the best life possible with your children building remarkable memories. We do - it's worth it! (I will write all about it when we return)

Ralph Waldo Emerson - "Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...