Sunday, February 17, 2013

Embrace your life, love and don't procrastinate!


Another beautiful weekend with not just weather, with our family. On Saturday my husband once again brought half of our children up to Mt. Washington while I took the other half to Jumping Jiminy's, grocery shopping and our one daughter for a haircut. The same daughter that donated her hair to Locks of Love a year or so ago, is donating 10 inches this year!

Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to children that are suffering from long term medical hair loss from any diagnoses. The children receive hair prostheses free of charge based on financial need. It's wonderful that our daughter's hair grows very quickly and she's enthusiastic on sharing what she's naturally growing so beautifully for others. Perhaps this is a growing trend for her!

On Sunday my father and mother came over for lunch. I made eggs benny with either bacon or shrimp for everyone. Seen in the above picture is my one set of parents that visit regularly from out of town. Active grandparents that have embraced all their grandchildren. I know I've written previously about our adoptive children's acceptance, acknowledgement into our family and on how it's a different celebration between a birth and an adoption from most people although these two grandparents have been actively welcoming from day one. Our children have two active sets of grandparents, my parents seen above and my other parents that live near. Our children are fortunate because when I grew up, I had no grandparents at all. In this post, I'm going to write about this particular set of parents seen above. When I was eleven years old my original set of parents separated. My birth parents. It was a difficult time. Now I have four parents, all that I love. Looking back as hard as it was within my childhood, I wouldn't change anything now. It formed who I am today. I am blessed having four parents, which gives our children more grandparents to love. For my step-parents, I believe I gave them a hard time growing up. With time, just like an adoption - I accepted and I grew with love for them. Here we are today and I'm so grateful for what life gave me. I truly believe that our life circumstances are there for a reason, regardless if we struggle and have some unfortunate events, they define our futures. It's all part of our life experiences, and we can either choose to go forward with a positive attitude or live within our past. I know first hand that life isn't meant to be easy, and for this.....I teach our children the same thing. Don't be ashamed of your past, don't even regret it, it was what it was and now you are who you are with the people in your life. Make choices from now on for success, triumph and glory! My glory is my four parents. My mother seen above I wouldn't have without my original birth parents divorce. I love the people I have in my life, and I wouldn't want to change my past. To repeat myself, I explain to our children to not regret their past, because without it, they wouldn't have us! This includes my birth children, I had a divorce too.....without that incident, they wouldn't have the father they have now who is actively in their life. My parents above are wonderful. They don't miss a birthday, nor a Christmas and they attend all our adoption events. My mother seen above might not know this, perhaps I've never told her but she is a very warm, loving and accepting woman. She has more compassion that I try to have. Now that I know, and I've witnessed how my life played out - I am so thankful for what and whom I have in my life, I wouldn't want it without her. I've been told I'm just like my father........regardless if this is a negative, positive or a indifferent comment - I'm proud to be just like him. He's quietly respectful keeping his opinions to himself, he's a hardworking genuine man that has a quirky sense of humor. I know there's more to him......that he's unwilling to share, I respect him for that. He's not just my father, he's a loving accepting grandfather for all our children. I can say this, I want more of my parents in my life. My thoughts today, cherish the people in your life, your family and most importantly your parents. Life is too short to live in the past, to blame, judge, make assumptions or to choose to live within any negative circumstances that brought you where you are today. Be your own power, embrace your life, love like today is your last - respect your parents. Be responsible for your own actions, change for the positive........thank for what you have. Today I'm thankful for my parents. I thank my father and my mother for being who they are, for continuing to visit and accepting all our life changes, choices and supporting us. (Love you more then you probably know) To finish off our weekend, I managed to run Notch hill and help finish two Science projects! Procrastination gets no where, move onward and take your life in your hands, finish projects and feel successful! Our weekend was just that!



Notch Hill at 4:30pm today!
A place not only consisting of beauty and exercise, a place to relax your soul!
Love, love, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...