Saturday, May 11, 2013

Balance your life Moms!

I've been contemplating on what to write regarding Mother's day that I haven't already written before. While at Notch Hill for the fourth time this week, I was thinking about how happy I am. Not only do I have two wonderful Mother's of my own, I am privileged to know many, many other Mother's that deserve recognition more then once a year. I was thinking what that recognition, that appreciation can look like. Just the acknowledgment of love is enough. I know for myself, feeling appreciated is a really good feeling. This is where I again want to write on how appreciative I am, and on how much I love my Mother's in my life. "Happy Mother's Day" to you both! Most of us are hard working parents. So while at Notch Hill I was thinking what message for Mother's Day could I share other then "Happy Mother's Day" If you've been following my blog, you know that I believe in taking one hour a day for myself. I've chosen health and fitness. It really uplifts every day. I also understand it's not for everyone. So whatever it is that fancy's you, it's something you should make a daily routine for yourself. I do hear from some that they don't have time, or "I can't" because they don't have the opportunity too. I don't believe this to be true. Start your day earlier, develop the time. My wish this Mother's Day is to start today developing time for you!. Learn to develop a routine in amongst your routines to make yourself happy. I know I'm crazy and as seen above, working out on train tracks is not only a work out it's a balancing act. That's what life is. Mine and my husband's life is our children but we also need each other and ourselves within it - which should be number one. I've learned that parents need to focus on themselves more then they do. So that's my message. Take care of yourself, so you can take care of your children. And show them on how to take care of their happiness's too. I still believe that the great outdoors, building memories, taking photographs, experiencing life with each other is the best medicine. Moms, Dads, parents - don't stop being a child, in our hearts and minds we're young, keep healthy and happy to be great parents, to be great role models!

"As a parent, I have a job as a role model to my children, and by extension, to other young people" - Kareem Abdul-Jabber.

"Happy Mother's Day" to all the wonderful mothers, you deserve more then one day - at least an hour a day everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...