Monday, June 24, 2013

A.W.E.S.O.M.E!


Once again we had a packed weekend. We attended the adoption run on Saturday, our family raised $585.00 for AFABC and I heard through the grape vine that the "Island Team Adopt" raised over $1700.00 in total! Then later that evening we celebrated a birthday for one of our friends. "Happy Birthday!" - A mother who deserves more then recognition for her birthday, she needs recognition everyday for being one of the best parents and friend around! Again, adoption didn't just bless me with many children, it enhanced my life with other adoptive family friends! On Sunday morning, my sister and five of our children hiked Mt. Benson. Two hours of a 6 km incline and we made it to the top! Our youngest climber is seven years old seen above! During any hike, and especially during a Mountain hike, it's very rewarding reaching your destination. Not only was it a breath taking panoramic view, the wind and rain was powerful whistling through us. It was A.W.E.S.O.M.E! On the top of Mt. Benson you can see the Strait of Georgia, and the Coast Mountains of the Mainland. You can also see our surrounding Islands such as Denman, Hornby, Texada, Lasqueti, Sangster, Ballenas, Winchelsea, Thormandy, Merry, Gabriola, Protection, Newcastle, Entrance, Mudge, de Courcy, and Valdes. The elevation is 1,023m (3,356 ft) What is there not to like?! Now that it's the last week of school, I'm baking (go figure) wrapping up all appointments, attending year end events and packing to disappear for camping! Remember, enjoy your life - even in the rain! It's A.W.E.S.O.M.E!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...