Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Got water!?

Have you ever seen the movie "Carrie?" Where the girl has telekinesis, she feels different and is under confident. Carrie is extremely bullied and lives in fear. In the movie "Carrie" she's pushed over the edge and her natural powers take control after having pig blood poured down on her. Well.......I had a vision of this movie when I was washing my hair while brown dirty sludge came from the faucet. It was disgusting and slightly came as a shock to me. We live with a well system. Water we're always trying to conserve. Over and over we dictate to our children the importance of saving water. This week my husband had to replace and fix the main pipe running from our house to the well. Luckily we were only out of water for one day. This doesn't mean our water will continue to run.....I just wish our children understood the importance on where the water is coming from - a well and it should be limited.




Besides digging holes and bathing with sludge, we've been busy......I won't get into a huge explanation onto what we've been busy with because Santa never tells. It's that time of year of secrets. I am looking forward to 2014. For me 2014 seems significant. Fifteen years of marriage. An even number. My favorite number is 14. I wonder what 2014 will hold? Hopefully no more water issues (unlikely) and just more memorable life experiences. We will see................my one wish for the New Year is more physical motivation, peace within all of us, for time to slow down and for clear endless water coming from our faucets and not flooding our basement. For now - back to December's plans and to celebrate an ending to another memorable year while being thankful for having water!


Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anybody.
Mark Twain



No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...