Friday, April 25, 2014

Allow difference

Every early morning I enjoy sitting with a tea and/or coffee scrolling the news feed on facebook. I'm completely guilty. Then sometimes when my brain tells me to write - I write. Anyone who comments or posts on the internet opens themselves up for not only sharing their lives, but for criticism. An opinion is an opinion. While in the midst of writing a book, like this blog, I am opening myself up to being judged amongst our world. Regardless if I'm a grammatically struggling novice writer, or an educated University English Professor, I will be judged regardless what I write. Although I have huge admiration for anyone that openly shares their lives through writing. I love writing. I love learning. I love sharing our experiences and lessons regardless if they're right or wrong. Something great about a book is, you can take what you want from it and leave the rest behind. Not everything is going to work within your life and fact, every one's lives are different. Here I am, a mother of sixteen challenging children, one grand baby, I cook, I bake and I sometimes act like it's the year 1932, while believing we all should live how we want to live with freedom of expression (yes tattoos, dreadlocks, whatever) Freedom of choice, having pride on who we are (yes, even being gay) and I can openly write, share and hopefully change just one person's perspective on having compassion for everything and everyone.  I'm raising my children to hopefully not judge, and too not quickly throw out an opinion against another because they look different, or act different because we're all the same underneath our skin. It doesn't matter what car we drive, how many children we have, or even what we believe - because we all belong to each other. I have a quote from Mother Teresa located on the side of my blog that I personally believe and love. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. Criticizing someone I believe is based either from fear, and/or ignorance. After reading some articles on facebook, scrolling on other people's lives, sometimes commenting (without judgment) I found myself writing about all of us. We're all the same. You might not be as crazy as I am, for example, the other day I pushed a loaded Costco cart in the back of my wheelchair van just to take a picture for my husband because he dared me too. I did it right in front of the Costco doors where some employees did not think that was funny, and I embarrass my children singing, and dancing. I smile and talk to strangers all the time. Life is meant to be unique. My advise today is lets not criticize ones life but embrace it because you'll never know what an amazing person you might meet, or an enlightenment you might learn. I will leave you with more Mother Teresa Quotes - she was one special lady. "We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do"
"Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier"
"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action."
"Allow difference in your heart, without it our world would be boring" - Me.


"Have fun, and enjoy life - as long as you don't harm anyone, yourself and/or end up in jail!" lol






1 comment:

  1. Carrie, you are an amazing writer. You are a beautiful, insightful, inspirational, loving, caring, fun person. I never read your blog without learning something new, having a giggle or two, or just walking away with something to challenge my personal thoughts, or just simply happy. Thank you for continuing to share your love for life and all that it has to offer, good and not so good, with everyone who meets you, either on the internet or in person. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...