Wednesday, July 2, 2014

We are not city slickers on the 3rd day! A transformation occurred!

Our second day was traveling. We started at 8am from Vancouver and we arrived in Quesnel at 3:30pm. Our long traveling day went surprisingly very well. After getting settled, we went for a beautiful nights walk.


 One of our sons were born in Quesnel
 This is the Old Fraser Bridge
We spent the day in Barkerville on our third day! A historic gold rush town one hour away from Quesnel. A historical fact about Barkerville is the whole town burnt to the ground on September 16, 1868. In one hour and twenty minutes, 116 buildings burned, a loss of $673,300. Barkerville began rebuilding the next morning. It was very cool.
 
 Of course I went to the Saloon!
 The church

For fire
 
 
The school


 Relaxing
 And US serious in the old west!
Our fourth day is traveling all day to Fort St. John and not on horses! Our next destination is at my sister in laws place. They have fifteen children! Yee haa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...