Sunday, August 31, 2014

It was ALL Grandma.....

Being a Grandma is pretty cool. I don't know how many grandchildren I will have within my future but the one I have right now is sure a little doll. I take her occasionally over nights and she's just so happy to be at Grandma's. For her first year she and her mother and father lived with us but now they're out on their own. It's nice for me to step back out of their young adult lives, and support from a far. It's even nicer when I get to have my grand baby to myself without her parents. I sometimes joke with my daughter saying, "I'm keeping her for another four days, or another week" I asked my grand babe if she wanted to spend another night (knowing she might not have understood that question being that she's only 16 months old) but she came running to me with her arms open. Babies....they definitely catch your heart. Today my grand babe and I went shopping. Yes, I spoiled her. I loved doing it. Every one of our children have been spoiled in one form or another. I personally don't like the idea of a "material life" but we need to be clothed, and pampered once in awhile and especially by a Grandma! The funny thing is, she's not old enough to ask nor want, nor need - it was ALL Grandma. We had a great long weekend now it's back to school and back home for Grand babe. 

Grand babe's goods.....
My Grand babe and I.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...