Sunday, October 12, 2014

A farm-hopping Thanksgiving!

This was the best idea I could of had, farm-hopping instead of the traditional turkey dinner! Here's our Thanksgiving photo reflection! 
In this picture we are watching new baby chicks.
We took over the hayride bus!
 On the bus! It was really cool at the Tiger Lilly Farm. The hayride took us through a pumpkin forest. There was pumpkin scarecrows everywhere!
 Then eight of our children had a pony ride!
 Including our grand-babe!
 I thought this was really cool. All the pink pumpkins proceeds were going towards the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. This was at the Mcnabs Corn Maze!
 If you haven't been.....I recommend you go to the Mcnabs corn maze. This place is amazing and the owners are fantastic! I purchased corn, and several types of squashes. Their prices are phenomenal! 
 While at Mcnabs we went on their hayride!
 The owner asked one of our sons to drive the hayride tractor! 
 Their field of pumpkins is endless and quite the beautiful sight!
 Here is some of us at the beginning of the corn maze! It was an awesome time, even in the rain!
 Afterwords we had our thanksgiving dinner. A wiener roast at Mcnabs. What was really amazing about our afternoon here was the owner paid for our dinner. It was by donation, however he insisted. Wow - we were very appreciative and thankful. 
 Our youngest daughter (Emily) found a natural phone. A squash that resembles a phone! Too cute!
Every year I ask our children what they're thankful for. This year I didn't. This year I didn't cook a turkey either. This year I made the decision to do something different and it truly was the best choice. We were together. We were outdoors enjoying life. We are thankful for - living, breathing and being able to experience just this - farm hopping together. Our whole family wasn't with us. Nor our children. Regardless they were in my heart, and we had a great day creating more memories. I'm thankful we can do this. AND thank you Tiger Lilly Farms and Mcnabs Corn Maze for making our 2014 Thanksgiving so special! For Monday it's a farm meal with Mcnabs corn on the cob and three hens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...