Friday, January 23, 2015

It can start now!

"I don't know how you do it" is a common statement I receive. As I look out the window it's pouring rain, it's windy and dark. It's been awhile since I've been outside. When I think about "How do we do it?" I think about the outdoors. Every one has something they enjoy and regardless if you have one or sixteen children, allowing yourself to enjoy what you're passionate about every day for at least one hour, you can do anything. I completely believe this. I live it. My husband doesn't get "cabin fever" like I do....he just needs his garage time. I however love exploring, I love nature, hiking and traveling. It doesn't have to be extravagant, it could be exploring in my own backyard. How are we managing with our littlest daughter's recovery? It's challenging on a daily basis, it sometimes feels like an isolation, and confining us to our home base. When our daughter screams during movement and physiotherapy (that we have to provide) it can be emotionally draining. I've learned to become strong knowing that everything is happening for a reason, it's to enhance our daughter's life. I know for a fact I was given this path because I am strong enough to lead it. If I'm personally having a "moment" I know that's all it is. I'm sharing because I know individuals that are consumed by their "moments" Those moments are then stretched, it will last for days, weeks, months and sometimes even years without conclusion. I have been faced with many scenarios within my life where I thought I couldn't forgive, or I thought I was stuck within that moment and it was never going to pass. It won't if you can't move on while finding that peace within yourself because it's only up to you. I've learned that we can't change "Bob" we can only change ourselves. We are raising twelve more children out of sixteen and I know in my heart that we will have some challenging times ahead but I will be approaching them differently. Meaning you can only allow yourself to put so much energy into someone, or something and if it feels like a endless battle, it's time for that person or situation to learn the hard way by their own mistakes while stepping back rejoicing and refocusing on you. If you're not strong in your own mind, body and soul then you're not good to anyone. This is how my husband and I do it. We've learned to live in the now, to do the best we can and from there we emotionally let challenges subside because it doesn't last forever. 
Honestly.....I try not to complain. I share my "moments" but that's all they are. I feel determined to raise our children with a more active, and responsibility approach (on their part) in hopes when they become adults they have had the fundamental skills to live successfully, if it doesn't happen, we as parents didn't fail either. One of my main conversations (almost daily) is you have to take responsibility for your own actions. Growth doesn't come from stubbornness, and a refusal to change. If you want to be successful in your life - you have to have that dedication "adding the action" to achieve it, and your life will fall into place. This is the same for any of us.....this is the same thought process and all the answers I can give to someone when they state, "I don't know how you do it" With your challenging moments remember it's only a moment, it's just right now and nothing lasts forever. Find your passion and treat yourself daily with it. For your future - there is no excuses, the past (the moments) doesn't define you. With dedication, determination, action and perseverance you can have an amazing successful life. It starts with believing in your own power that you can get through anything, and accomplish the impossible. It's never too late.... your thoughts and beliefs can change now and you'll become unstoppable in a positive way for your life and others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...