Thursday, April 2, 2015

Emily's Angels Update "Thank you"

Emily's stroller arrived today! Seven months of dedication, hard work and support from our community, friends and family, Emily's stroller is finally here! Other then health, there is nothing more important then mobility! Thank you to every one who supported Emily's Angels! As seen below there is room for years of growth! We have a few adaptions to make however it's ready to roll! 



We have been struggling with a jogging stroller we purchased fifteen years ago for a toddler. Emily was uncomfortable and her legs would stick out the sides. The terrain we pushed her over in the old jogging stroller was always a fight. Emily would scream. The belt straps didn't fit. Today for the first time we wheeled Emily over our driveway with ease. 

 I wanted to take this opportunity to thank every one from the depth of our hearts. I am so proud of our children that worked steadily and consistently for seven months for their sisters mobility. We as a family raised $5000.00! It brings tears to my eyes knowing that all our children gifted this amazing stroller to their sister. So she can continue to experience without limitations. It brings tears to my eyes knowing that our children learned an important life skill. That we can work hard for what we need. That life's needs shouldn't be just handed to us. That's why we didn't apply to a charity. I wanted our children to learn that they can provide, and to respectfully leave the charities to others in need. I am so very proud.

It brings tears to my eyes that not only did our children learn valuable life lessons, to not only support and show dedicated compassion to their sister. It brings tears to my eyes on how our friends, family and our community supported us along the way. Without all of you, this stroller wouldn't be here today. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  

It brings tears to my eyes because our family fundraiser wasn't just about Emily's mobility anymore. It was about human connection. Emily's Angels brought out the best in people that I haven't seen in a long time. Maybe I wasn't looking, so it brought that enlightenment back to me. To our family. To each other. That I am very thankful for.

Emily's Angels brought hope and strength to so many people. When I reflect back over the months of fundraising, over the course of our daughter's surgery and recovery, I couldn't do it without all of you. This was truly an experience we will never forget, and while pushing Emily's stroller I will always be reminded on every ones support and love. 
Thank you so much.

At a later date and warmer weather, we would like to have a community celebration. This will be announced within a month's time.

With dedication, action and believing you can - you can do anything. Dreams do come true. It came true for us!

An update, we continue to fund-raise now making Emily's Angels Dream Catchers. Our fundraising efforts will not only go towards our daughters needs, we hope eventually we can help with various supports and activities for special needs children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"She's a rebuild"

       It's been three years since I wrote. Within those three years I've lost myself. I stopped writing. I stopped crafting. I stop...